‘Tis the Season – Totally Amped Tip Tuesday
Oh! Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
Jingle all the way
Christmas in Australia
On a scorching summer’s day
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
Christmas time is beaut
Oh what fun it is to ride
In a rusty Holden Ute.
Can you hear that? They’re playing Christmas carols in the shopping centres, shop front windows are decorated with tinsel and the kids are lining up to have their photos taken with Santa! Time to drag out the Christmas tree and decorations.
In today’s Totally Amped Tip Tuesday I’d like to cover off on Christmas Light Safety! Keeping your family safe should be your number one priority this Christmas!
- Always inspect old Christmas lights and electrical wires for any sign of damage or wear and tear
- When purchasing new Christmas lights, ensure you are buying lights that meet Australian safety standards
- Position your Christmas lights away from flammable materials such as curtains and sofas
- Do not place lights close to tinsel and other flammable decorations as the heat from the lights could start a fire if they are left on for a period of time
- Keep power points, adaptors and cords out of reach children and take extra care not to overcrowd power points or use multiple double adaptors
- Only use outdoor specific lights and light fittings for decorating the exterior of your house
- Be aware of the location and height of the power lines when carrying and setting up ladders and decorations
- Place extension cords in low traffic areas where they won’t be a trip hazard or become damaged
There’s no better time than the now to ensure you have a safety switch in your meter box. If you are unsure, give us a call today and we can discuss it further with you! Just as important, check your smoke detectors are in good working order.
Christmas Light Safety couldn’t be any easier! Whatever you do DON’T mess around with street lights like this mad Queenslander did last Christmas!
Thanks for reading!
(SURELY I’ve made the nice list this year!)